Student Safety and SecuritySeptember 16, 2013
New School year brings a fresh wave of Students leaving home for the first time, full of excitement and anxiety about leaving home and sampling the local nightlife, often safety and security are pushed to the back of minds. Recent statistics show that 1 in 5 students will be a victim of crime at university or college, student halls and digs are easy targets due to the numbers of people who have access and the risk of door or windows being left open.
Here are a few pointers to increase Student Security
- Make sure that all Doors and Windows are locked closed when the property is left unattended, even if you pop round the corner to get some milk
- If out of an evening try not to walk home alone, if you do happen to be alone, stick to well light main roads
- Carry a personal attack alarm
- Always use licensed taxis
- Purchase and install a small personal home safe to lock and secure any valuable items
Locktrader is a proud supporter of Home Security Month. Running throughout October the scheme has been created to increase security awareness as shorter days start to creep in.